Friday, 24 October 2014

Choosing the song

When me and Dan were choosing the song for our media project, the decision was not an easy one. Initially (As evidenced by some of my early posts on this blog) we were going to do the song 'One Week' by the 'Barenaked Ladies', though we ultimately decided against this to go with our current (and final) song 'I'll sleep when I'm dead' by 'Set It Off'. We changed our mind because when planning our video for One Week, we realised that creating a contextual music video for a happy, fast-paced song whose lyrics make no sense and follow no pattern is extremely difficult.

When deciding initially, we really wanted to do a very happy song. And when we decided to change songs, we still really wanted to do a happy song. Though unfortunately, none of us could think of a happy song that would be within our capabilities.

Eventually, Dan thought of the song 'I'll sleep when I'm dead' and we both agreed that it would definitely be within our capabilities (As a two-man group with our creative abilities) to make a music video for. Even though it is not particularly agreeable with either of our music tastes, we are both thoroughly enjoying the creative process.

No comments:

Post a Comment